I hope you guys are having a fantastic week! Hopefully the crazy weather some of you are experiencing isn’t bringing you down, because remember? Perspective is far more important than we think, and plus, the grass is always greener on the other side….
Although here in So Cal the grass is always green (literally). Ok please don’t hate me for that one! I just had to type that out because I had a little clever moment, which doesn’t come by quite as often as I’d like it to.
1. If you haven’t checked out Amanda’s blog yet, I totally think you should because as random as her post is today, it’s super entertaining!
2. Some of you might remember the post about my new, beautiful cast iron tea pot from Teavana. So what is the verdict on this beautiful tea set? It is amaaaaaaazing! I’m not just saying it for the sake of posting about it, but I just love it to pieces. For example, it keeps my tea warm for longer than an hour, the spout makes it super easy to pour and doesn’t make a mess, it is easy to clean and rinse off, and it somehow makes the tea taste better and more legit. Maybe it’s the fact that whenever I use it I feel like the girl in Karate Kid? Or maybe it really does taste better because of the flavor and health benefits they claim it provides….but it just seems to enhance the flavors and makes a great tea drinking experience.
3. Lately I feel like making dinner is a harder task than usual. Don’t get me wrong, you all know how much I love to spend time in the kitchen, but it seems like I’m lacking recipe inspiration these days, and it certainly becomes a greater challenge when Selah is teething and demands more attention than usual. The other night I was in a serious food rut (I know, so silly with all these amazing recipe blogs around!) and came up with this quick Korean beef dish. I didn’t have time to marinade the meat so I made it on the fly!
By the way, did you know that apple butter makes for a great and fast substitute for beef marinade? It is still not the same as the original stuff, but it’s good enough to be enjoyed with a side of rice and spicy potatoes. I just tweaked this recipe and added some Korean red pepper paste. Amazing stuff!
4. Daylight early in the morning is definitely helping with breakfast photos! Is your area bright outside or still dark in the mornings? #foodbloggerprobz #youknowwhatimtalkingabout
5. The chocolate stash from my Christmas stocking stuffer couldn’t torture me more than it already has been! I used to have very good self control when it came to sweets, but after giving birth to Selah I became more relaxed in that department. My guess is that the constant nursing gets me hungry faster and craving sweets full force, and these dark chocolate pieces from Dove are currently my frienemies. Anyone second that craving?
6. I couldn’t be happier and more amazed by this little bundle of joy! She literally makes me laugh out loud almost 24/7—except for when she’s bawling due to her teething gums, that is! But all that stuff aside, she brings so much laughter into our little home with her silly expressions, funny quirks, and pride-worthy milestones. It boggles my mine that we all started this way at one point, and do you know what is even crazier than that? The fact that Christ himself left all His splendor and glory to become this little creature in the picture below.
7. I have a problem, you guys. I have been experiencing some major blogger/vlogger girl crushing lately, and I’m sure many of you can relate!
- Amanda of course. It seems like many of you feel the same way, as Amanda has a way of being super relatable and is downright honest when it comes to life’s struggles.
- Jenn Im! A Youtube fashionista who goes straight to the point, is super adorable, and has a fun fashion sense.
- Chriselle Lim. A fellow blogger+vlogger who resides in LA (really close to me) and not only has an elegant style, but is also a food lover. Oh yeah! She recently started a series called Chic Eats in which she features her favorite foodie spots in the LA area.
- J’s Everyday Fashion. She not only has an extremely clean and wearable style, and by wearable I mean that my response is usually, “I could totally wear that and not feel out of place as if I were walking down the runway sporting feathers sticking out of my dress”, but she also knows how to dress for less. Her down to earth attitude is very welcoming too!
8. I am also in the process of perfecting homemade Questbars. I'm not sure if they will turn out right but I will keep you posted!
Tell me something random about your life lately!
Do you read/watch fashion blogs/vlogs? If so, who inspires you the most?
What/who has been bringing you lots of joy lately?