Happy Thursday! Just one more day till the weekend for those of you at work! Unless you’re Amanda, our awesome friend who faithfully hosts Thinking Out Loud every week….and who’s living it up in one of the most beautiful places in the world—Hawaii! Amanda, don’t forget about us little people in the meanwhile.
1. Every morning as I awake, I’m reminded that I’m not walking through this journey as if it were merely a fleeting memory. Rather, I’m living it (or trying) with purpose and guidance in everything, knowing that I need to take in the present moment while living with an eternal perspective!
It is so easy to get sidetracked and run to everything else in this world, especially when you have a little one to take care of from sunrise to sundown. Any moms out there hear me? But I’m so glad He looks at my heart and deepest desires to please Him and be a blessing unto others. Some days are better than others, of course.
2. Ohhhh good old pizza. Make that frozen-and-ready-in-30-minutes pizza! Although I don’t instinctively gravitate towards pizza like Greg does, sometimes it’s super nice to not have to work on dinner for more than 30 minutes.
Last night was one of those nights and the pizza surprisingly hit the spot!
His plate. I gotta help him get his greens somehow! And this is one of the most husband-friendly veggie combos I can think of: spinach salad with tomatoes, grapes, avocado, and Panera Bread’s Fuji Apple Dressing.
My plate. Broccoli with sriracha, obviously. I think I’ve drank eaten 3/4 of the bottle already.
3. Sometimes the best recipes, or close to the best, result from late night cravings! Two nights ago I was really wanting something sweet. And chocolatey. So what happened exactly?
I just measured a bunch of ingredients and threw them together just hoping that it would turn out decent, and turn out it did! This gluten free banana bread with cinnamon chips+dark chocolate chunks resulted in sweet, moist, and melty goodness from the chocolate. It definitely satiated my sweet tooth!
It’s been a faithful breakfast item around these parts, as you can see.
4. Uhhhh can somebody teach me how to stop time? Sometimes I spend so much time browsing through Selah’s pictures and get so giddy! Then I get emotional and wonder where the past 8.5 months have gone.
Selah was so tiny and even more helpless when I snapped that picture.
But now she’s laughing away like a big girl. Soon enough she’ll be in college, right?
5. If you were to ask me what my choice of therapy is, it would be: baking, cooking, praying, taking a stroll, exercising, and THRIFTING!!!! But none in that particular order.
I know many people cringe at the thought of even stepping foot at a thrift store, but I get so exhilarated just thinking about what treasure I’ll find next. It's kind of like an adult's version of a scavenger hunt! Although it takes patience to find the right items, I don’t feel like it’s any more time consuming than browsing through a huge store like Forever 21.
A few days ago I scored the red Bob Marley shirt in honor of, well, Bob Marley. Not only is his music so therapeutic, but it reminds me of our honeymoon in Kauai because we listened to the guy 24/7. I also found these cute “like new” knee-length GAP shorts, along with the the grey vest all for under $10. There’s something about vests that makes an outfit super interesting. You can see my furry vest in this post.
Have a beautiful day and let’s remain thankful even for the air we breathe!
Do you like thrifting for clothes? If so, what do you usually go for?
Which songs/artists make you reminisce of a special occasion or experience?
What’s a recipe that you totally improvised but turned out to be a success? You can share the link!