There are some things in life that I really miss and would “rather be doing”. I sometimes fantasize about the simple things that make me smile and move on to the great things that I’ve had the opportunity to do throughout my life. Please don’t get me wrong! Despite the challenges that I’m presented with in my everyday life, I am beyond grateful for all that I have. I am learning to appreciate where I am and who I’m becoming as I learn through the highs and lows. Let’s be honest now. Life is definitely not perfect for anyone—no matter how much we make it out to be flowers and sunshine on social media—and I know for sure Davida agrees on that one. But for the sake of getting creative and sharing what “I’d Rather Be Doing”, please play along with this post and share what you’d rather be doing as well!
So off I go daydreaming about the sweet and simple things in life, as I also reflect on the blessings past and possible blessings in the future.
Some old pictures ahead, by the way!
Sometimes I’d rather be:
1. Able to turn on the car ignition, put Selah in the car within 10 seconds flat with no fuss whatsoever, and meet a friend for a latte at a moment’s notice. Let’s specifically make that my favorite places in LA, shall we? I’m talking to you, Urth Caffe, Café Gratitude, and Bread Lounge (the latter two I’m hoping to visit very soon)!
But the upside is that I now appreciate every single moment I get with my girlfriends! Whether it be over a latte or going over to their house, every word and every meal shared is that much more precious to me.
2. Shopping with no hassle or having to hurry to the point of not even trying on the outfits, and then just hoping that they’ll fit once I buy them.
But the upside is that I don’t “waste” time by casually walking up and down the aisles and taking awkward selfies in the fitting room anymore. I mean, time is precious and it supposedly equals money, right?
3. Spending an entire day developing and testing recipes, all while eating my weight in those recipes.
My vegan+gf banana cake with coconut chocolate avocado cream! Definitely craving some now. Recipe HERE.
4. Going back to India, and hopefully someday soon. I feel as though a good chunk of my heart has been left in that land—a land with beautiful souls waiting to see God’s amazing love for them!!! Not only was it wonderful to meet and minister to the villages in Punjab, but the memories Greg and I created with our friends is priceless.
The upside is that I know the Lord has so many great plans HERE AND NOW! I am discovering the various ways that He can use me to display His love in my surroundings RIGHT NOW, and it just goes to show that there is no cookie-cutter way to minister to others. I am blessed beyond measure with the people I have here in So Cal, and I am daily reminded that this is my mission field…my family, friends, church family, strangers at Starbucks….
5. Re-living our wedding day and honeymoon trip to Kauai! Except, we could happily go without all the day-of-the-wedding-preparation stressors altogether. Yeah, we were pretty stressed and short on sleep, both of which are essential on such a special occasion.
But the upside is that we have a deeper relationship as we walk through this journey called marriage. Every trial and victory makes our bond stronger, which is everything I can ask for to have a flourishing family life! Especially if we want to be happy parents for a happy Selah.
6. Eating sashimi till it comes out of my nostrils (I kid! Who do you think I am?) and enjoying it with a side of Japanese Ramen. I’m sure Greg would totally second this one! I don’t know about you, but my mouth is beginning to water.
But the upside is that I’m saving some moolah AND unwanted calories since I don’t want to sabotage my fun and hard-earned workout high. Yea right, hah! I’m all about eating healthy most of the time and being lenient when a BIG craving hits…so I’m guessing sushi and ramen are on the agenda?
7. Able to to rock a chic and refreshing short hairstyle like this one, but I’m afraid I have been traumatized as a child one too many times as I ended up with horrible mushroom cuts. Oh, and let’s throw in an afro in there too. Not that I don’t like afros because I think they’re beautiful, but not on a Korean girl like me. Plus, I’m not sure if I have the right face shape for such a short cut. I mean, my face did change quite a bit from my Jr. High days but I would probably regret it if I chopped it this much. Oh well, a girl can dream, right?
But the upside is that…uhhhhh there is no upside to this? I still want that hair.
8. Going off on little adventures out in nature and practice my baby photography skills. I think I definitely have come a long way in this area, but this form of hobby brings me so much joy that I consider it as my daily creative outlet. I definitely wouldn’t mind a whole day photographing things I find interesting.
Fuzzy iPhone picture : (
But the upside is that I now have this beautiful little munchkin to photograph 24/7! That’s right folks! I have my baby model who says I can photographer her for free, hehe. I have also learned that photographing subjects other than food is a lot more fun than I thought!
Have yourself a beautiful day and take advantage of your blessings! But feel free to daydream a little.
What would you rather be doing?